Friday, October 26, 2007

Tidewater Gets a Backdrop

You may have noticed the backdrop in the previous post about the new 0-8-0. Here are a couple more views of it.



It is from SceniKing. I think it looks great. Not glossy like some photo backdrops I've seen and just the right level of detail for a backdrop. There can be too much detail, which will draw visitor's attention away from the models.

One thing that completely surprised me is how close the sky in the backdrop matched the paint I used on the wall. I wish I could say it was good planning, but it was more like great luck!

I still have to ballast the yard and will add grasses and such to blend the backdrop into the foreground. Brian had a great suggestion to help blend things in even more - add 3 dimensional loading docks at the doors on the backdrop where space permitted. I'll definitely give that a try.

Scott