Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hangin' Around

For many, many years (at least 10) operators on the SVR and BS&T have had to use the post at the bottom of the stairs to hang their coats and jackets. This was workable, and cheap, but if the first guy in was also the first guy to leave he'd have to dig through all the coats to find his own.

The other evening we were operating at Brian's NeverDone Railway and when we were leaving he asked if I could use some scrap wood for burning. He and Susan had just finished renovating their bathroom (a great job they did too!) and had some scraps left over. Always looking for free heat in the shed during the winter I said "Sure!". So we started piling the 2 or 3 armloads in my trunk and I discovered a piece with 4 coat hooks. "Are you sure you don't want this?", I asked. "Nope." was the reply.

Since this past Sunday had the BS&T on the op schedule I quickly put it up. Finally, a proper place to hang coats and jackets.


A lounge, coat hooks, what else will I do to keep operators happy? Kim's cooking sure helps! More on that later.

Scott