Thursday, September 06, 2007

Model Railroading Weather?

Is there such a thing as suitable weather for model railroading? I think so. Model railroading weather is when it is too chilly or wet to be outside doing other things. It certainly felt like model railroading weather this morning when I left for work! I could see my breath!

Anyway, on with the BS&T update...

I have no photos to show today. Sorry. I'll have some next week.

Since returning from the UMG RailFest I haven't done much on the layout other than put things away and tidy up a bit.

I thought I'd take advantage of having some things out of the "Control Room" and do some cleaning and rearranging. It looks a whole lot bigger now, especially since some of the stuff that was stored there got moved to the new "Crew Lounge" that I inherited after Kristopher moved out to go to university. I'd like to get a better storage solution for the supplies that I have stored on a shelf at the moment - something that takes up less space.

RailFest made me realize that I really must get busy making more trees. The ones I used on my modules were now gracing the BS&T layout and I didn't have the heart to pull them all out. So I had no trees for the modules at RailFest. My plan is to make a bunch before the Truro show in October, use them for the show, and then put them on the BS&T when I get back. Then I'll make more new ones for the spring show in Moncton, which will also end up on the BS&T. This way I have an incentive to make lots of trees.

I'll get pictures of the "cleaned up" control room, "Crew Lounge", and trees to show you next week.

Later!

Scott